Gnocchis, a tradition

 

I think that my favourite food is italian food, i love cheese with wine, pizza, all pasta, italian dessert... uuf! The italian food drives me crazy!!

If you want to like me, you must cook something italian.. jajajaja  

 

Is the perfect meal for any occasion of the day, whether it is formal or with friends

 

Well,  on the 29th of each month, the tradition of cooking gnocchis according to the legend of St. Pantaleon is celebrated. The legend says that one day, St Pantaleon asked some farmers for bread, but they invited him to eat at their modest table, a plate of gnocchis. That episode would have occurred on July 29, for that reason it is remembered that day with a simple meal: gnocchi.

 

Every 29th, I remember that tradition and my nonno, because when I was younger, I ate gnocchi with him, and he remembered stories that he lived in Grona, his homeland.

Noquis are a simple dish, my nonno told me that they are made with the mash left over from the day before, and to eat a different dish they made gnoquis, so everyone was happy. but like all plates, the Gnocchis has a science, as my nonna says, every dish has a secret, and that is love...


tI hope you eat all 29 gnocchi now! ENJOY!!!

Comments

  1. Ravioli are my favorite Italian dish, but gnocchi in the same way I like a lot, I did not know this tradition, very good fact.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment